We Give A Run Down On Our 4WD Maps App
Start your Australian adventure with Hema's 4WD Maps App. The 4WD Maps app provides offline digital maps to help you explore remote locations without an internet connection. The 4WD Maps App allows you to access Hema’s rich 4WD maps offline using your smartphone or iPad enabling you to explore Australia off the grid.
The 4WD Maps App from Hema Maps is for those who prefer our detailed printed maps in a digital form. This app includes a comprehensive range of Hema's printed maps and third party map options which features roads, 4WD tracks, points of interest (POIs), camps, facilities information, topographic maps and information to guide your travels of the beaten track.
The 4WD Maps App features all current Hema touring and topographic maps for confidently navigating off-road, caravaning and camping adventures. Together with the 4WD Maps offline feature and your device's in-built GPS receiver, you can track your current location on the detailed Hema maps, along with planning your routes by dropping waypoints and creating track logs of your epic adventures.
We've got you covered during your travels!
"Hema's 4WD Maps app has the best maps for the 4X4 tourer." – Pat Callinan's 4X4 Adventures
“4WD Maps is an invaluable off-road navigation tool.” – Simon Christie, 4WD TV
NEW UPDATE - MARCH 2021
On 23 March 2021, Hema in collaboration with our partner at Memory Map are very pleased to announce the following changes to the 4WD Maps App (Android Version):
- New detailed maps of High Country Victoria - Hema’s recently released Victorian High Country Map series at 1:100,000 scale has now been added.
- New State map series covering all Australian States - the latest Hema State Maps have been updated and added.
- New detailed map of Landcruiser Mountain Park, QLD - Hema’s South East Queensland map featuring a detailed map of Qld’s iconic Landcruiser Mountain Park is now included.
- New software features - New features include the ability to simply tap to select/edit a track, find time, speed and altitude at any point on the track and to split and join routes and tracks.
The IOS version is currently being reviewed by Apple and should be released soon.
EXPLORE WITH OVER 70 PRELOADED MAPS
The 4WD Maps App comes preloaded with a massive library of Hema touring and 4WD maps that cover all of Australia. Discover major off-road destinations such as the Kimberley, Cape York, Goldfields, the Top End, the Pilbara, the Outback and Central Australia, in addition to lesser-known 4x4 and touring regions. A list of all base maps included is listed further down below.
ACCESS ADDITIONAL MAP SOURCES
4WD Maps gives you access to a wide range of additional map sources through the Memory Map Digital Map Shop. Create your account to view and download a variety of map types for different regions and different methods of travel, including hiking maps, topographic maps of New Zealand and more.
- Add more maps to your library
- State government topo maps
- New Zealand maps
- Marine Charts
NAVIGATE, SAVE & MONITOR YOUR JOURNEY
With 4WD Maps, you can track your position in real-time to navigate your journey, as well as record your trail to save your trip and find your way back home again.
Drop waypoints while planning or during your adventure to mark important places, as well as monitor a range of insightful navigation statistics to keep an eye on how you’re travelling.
With the 4WD Maps App available on Android and Apple IOS, you can explore the unknown paths with confidence.
ACCESS HEMA'S PREMIUM MAP COLLECTION
The 4WD Maps App comes preloaded with a huge library of Hema touring and 4WD maps that covers all of Australia. The wide map range (now available digitally) allows you to explore the unknown path with confidence.
The Base Maps included are:
1. Australia 1:250K TOPO
2. Hema Explorer Map at 1:150,000 - 1:10M
- Goldfields-Esperance Region Map
- Goldfields-Esperance - Cape Arid NP
- Goldfields-Esperance - Cape Le Grand NP
- Goldfields-Esperance - Fitzgerald River NP
- Goldfields-Esperance - Stirling Ranges NP
- Goldfields-Esperance - Stokes NP
- Goldfields-Esperance and Southern Coast of WA
- Cape York - The CREB Track
- Cape York - Lakefield NP
- Cape York - The Tip
- Flinders - Flinders Ranges Main map
- Flinders - Mount Remarkable NP
- Flinders - Flinders Ranges NP
- Flinders - Vulkathunha Gammon Ranges NP